It also seems like every blog I read has had the same opening post for the past month... mine included. So, it's time to make some adjustments and come up with a revamped blog schedule. I need your help!
This blog is something I cherish so much. I'm not the greatest at keeping the baby book up to date, but at least when I do make the time to sit down with it, I can reference the blog for all the major milestones. My memory isn't what it was 24 months ago, so blogging has been my saving grace :)
As my little baby grows up and changes, the blog has to change too. So, here is what you can expect for year three:
1. Love Notes. I haven't decided how to tackle this one yet. I LOVE having the monthly (from year two) and weekly (from year one) updates to look back over and remind myself what those stages were like. But, I'm not sure how long I should give a monthly update, and I don't want to be that parent who is calling her four year old a 48 month old (it's fine if you are, it's just not me). She's two... two and a half.. three...etc. from now on. So, what do you think? Should I give an every other month update... once a quarter...every six months? I would love to hear your thoughts, especially if you are a mother of older or grown children and have the hindsight to tell me what you wish you had done. Please leave a comment- I would love your help and insight.
2. Once we decide how often to update, I'm planning to include a growth chart picture, and every six months, I plan to do one of these, though this is not of my child, which you've probably seen all around pinterest.
3. Speaking of moving, we really are this time! I've not talked about it here yet, but I have been given the best opportunity to work part-time, finish my graduate degree and live on campus again. I don't think I'm ready to go into all the details, and I should probably wait until the HR paperwork is official :) but there will be a full post on this and other things we are so thankful for coming soon.
4. My blog schedule lately has been pretty haphazard. I blog when I can, when I think about it, when I should be doing laundry... and I stay a couple posts behind at all times. I wish it was different, but it is what it is I guess, and it's better than nothing. I'll be honest, though, it does stress me out a little bit. I worry about not getting something on the blog or forgetting something Helen Claire has done that I reallly want to include. I have so many scraps of paper and emails to myself so I don't forget anything. And, guess what? I know I still forget some things. I'm crazy, yes, but I also know that she won't be little like this forever, and I want to soak it all up and remember or write down or blog as much as I can. So, I'm going to try to set a blogging schedule for myself that allows for two blogs a week. In addtion to that, I will blog with a Helen Claire update- whenever we decide how often to do those.
So, there's a sneak peek into year three. I'll be back really soon, hopefully, with the 23 month Love Note, Helen Claire's surgery, Birthday plans, a beach trip, and our summer to-do list- can't wait!

Love the picture idea...I think doing those every 1/2 year would be good, but I also think the love notes are sweet. That's not really good advice, is it? You write really well anyway, so it's always good :).
ReplyDeleteVickie
There are just so many good ideas... so it's hard not to overload, but also do enough. Your class awards looked so cute!
ReplyDelete