1. Helen Claire Weekly:
You will now get a monthly update on little Helen Claire bear. That means "Helen Claire Weekly" is over, but not to worry... once a month, you can get your HC fix with "Love Notes." I plan on writing a note to Helen Claire each month about what she's been up to, new things she can do, her current favorites... food, toys, activities, etc. I decided to change up the format a little bit and write the updates to her and for her. When Jonathan and I first dated and all through college, we were big love note writers (just don't tell him I told you that secret, ok). Those are some of my most prized possessions now, and I hope Helen Claire will feel the same way about her letters one day (probably after her pre-teen years, when I'm sure they will be really embarrassing). Also, this is a good mix of technology and old school communication. As a quick aside, have any of you ever heard Daddy Bush read some of his love notes to Barbara?
I want to hug him every time I watch this clip. You are so cute, George HW... I wish we were friends. After all, I did "vote" for you in Mrs. Godwin's First Grade election. Ok, back to what I was talking about. I struggle with the new kind of communication and wonder about its staying power, obviously since I just got rid of my Facebook, but I think this is a good compromise. While it's not handwritten, it's no less heartfelt, and we can always print the letters out for her. Plus, I do keep an actual babybook with my very own handwriting in it. So, all that to say goodbye Helen Claire Weekly and hello Love Notes. 13 month love note is coming soon-- promise.
2. Weekly Blog
I am committing to type a new blog once a week... we are having so much fun with Helen Claire right now, and I hate you all are missing it! I am trying to be more intentional about spending quality time with her and with Jonathan. While being a dual income family is a welcome blessing, it has also intensified our guilt over making life fun for HC. It's a struggle. We don't want to be "those parents" whose child has to be constantly entertained, but we
certainly don't want to feel as though we are missing out on seeing her learn new things and learn how to play. So, we are trying to find a balance. What that means is we are playing more and spending more time together when we can and letting go of things that aren't important (yet another reason I no longer have Facebook). She has the sweetest personality. She is mostly easy-going (thank you Jonathan Lucas); she has learned to "pray" and knows when to fold her hands together... before eating, before bed, if we ask her to pray with us. It is just about the most precious thing you've ever seen. Anyway, that's just a little snippet of how nice things have been lately. She's the best (and we aren't biased at all)!!
3. Onesie Wednesdays
They are going away -- kind of. I know, I'm changing it all up on you, but let's be real... I wasn't that consistent with OW anyway. From now on, I will give you a Wordless Wednesday or a Onesie Wednesday or a Thankful Thursday or a Family Fun Friday... it's really going to be dealer's choice on this one. Basically, it will be an addition to the weekly post. Most likely, it will be just a picture or a picture and a few quick lines... easy breezy and a hold over until the next weekly post. That's the goal.
4. Moving On
We are moving... but, don't worry, we will still be in the same state and city, just in some new digs. We are very excited, but I tend to stress about moving. Add to that stress that we have a baby's stuff to move and a baby to keep (somewhat) on schedule, and I feel myself getting tense. It's going to be great, and I've promised to make it a fun experience. J and I have also promised each other that we will not, under any circumstances, move things we do not use or love. Hopefully, that will make the whole process much easier. I promise you that we have moved some things... still in boxes P.S. ... for the past two moves. That means some stuff has been in boxes and carted here and there for almost six years. Is anyone else that crazy?
I also have a ton I want to post about... good articles I've found, new routines I want to establish, yadda yadda yadda. But for now, I've given you enough new stuff to absorb. So that's it... hope you enjoy.
Hey Jenny,
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you need any help moving! We can help you box and move stuff or watch HC for you if you need someone to watch her while you pack and move. I'm an email or phone call away!
Sarah Wilcox