Thursday, March 10, 2011

Helen Claire Weekly

Happy 39 Weeks.
39 Weeks

DSC_0148

So Helen Claire... probably trying to tell us something



DSC_0164


DSC_0153


DSC_0152

Clapping... she was proud to be home!


How do you like the new picture set up? I am a big fan and now wish I had done this all along- it looks cleaner to me. We are back home and Helen Claire has been staying with her Nana (J's mom) this week. She is still not cleared for daycare, and really, I wouldn't send her back just yet anyway. Here are some things to remember from this week: We created a bad habit while we were home right after getting out of the hospital. Little HC was not the best sleeper. She would go to sleep fine, but we were all on pins and needles about her breathing. It was easier and more reassuring to let her sleep with us, something we have NEVER done prior to this. That has now been nixed. I am too nervous about suffocating her with pillows or the duvet or something terrible happening. She's on her own again, where she should be, in her crib. Amen and amen. Here are some other things to mark Week 39:




  • Aunt Amy sent HC a "Get Well" goodie package in the mail... thank you Amy! She especially loved the card (paper!!!)


DSC_0130


DSC_0137




  • Daddy got his graduation cap and gown and we had a fashion show...




    DSC_0142




    DSC_0144




    • Helen Claire is so sweet in mornings- it is the best time of day. She wakes up on her own, kind of groggy, with crazy bed head and she smiles and jabbers. She is the best morning baby ever and loves to cuddle and talk. She's going to be a good coffee friend some day- she likes slow mornings and watching the news and taking her time waking up. Not so great when we are trying to be on time, but I still love it.



        DSC_0432

        DSC_0428


        • Seperation anxiety. This is a first. She started daycare at 9 weeks old, so she has never cried when I left her. It has always been normal for her. Not so after being with me for a solid two weeks. She cries when I leave the room, when I leave the house, when I'm not in her line of vision. It makes me sad. I think it has a lot to do with the whole hospital experience. She is old enough now to realize what was going on, and that had to be scary. She just wants to be a little clingy, and that is ok for right now.


          • Going back to daycare. Mrs. Donna and Jonathan took her by daycare on Monday so she could be in the class picture. Her friends were really cute and happy to see her, they said. She started back full time on Thursday, but she had her 9 month checkup, so it was really only half a day. I'll do a post about the check up in a bit. She will go all day Friday, then she starts back regular hours next week. She was so happy to be there Thursday, and she didn't cry at all. I actually don't think her feet ever touched the floor. All her teachers wanted some love- they missed her!



            • Helen Claire is pointing more and more- she defintely knows what she wants, especially when it comes to puffs and cheerios (which I don't think I've mentioned on the blog yet- she LOVES cheerios). We have to hide those so she will eat her other food first.

            • DSC_0188


              • Language- Helen Claire is a babbler. She is "telling" us something all the time, and she is also really intersted in her books. She can sit and read or play with her books for a solid 10-15 minutes, and she loves for people to read to her. The only issue is the paper pages... she really wants to play with them (aka, rip them), so I am trying to teach her that books are for reading and touching, not tearing.


                • Helen Claire also loves to sing and hear other people singing. We sing all kinds of songs on the way to and from school, mostly that we make up ourselves, and we also sing about her food (Sweet potato, sweet potato, sweet potato pie... you love sweet potato and so do I). She likes Jesus Loves Me a lot right now.


                  That's about it for this week. We are happy to have a healthy little girl. Here are a few more of my favorites this week... this is her typical personality, and I LOVE it!


                  DSC_0154


                  DSC_0172


                    See you next week.

                  No comments:

                  Post a Comment