Sweet little bean, you are the most wonderful little 16.8 pounds of baby goodness. As your mama, I am sure there has never been a more beautiful, intelligent, loving baby in the history of the world. You are curious; you are funny- you love to make us laugh, and your little two-teethed smile is the light of my day. I love that when I whisper in your ear, it makes you all ticklish and you can't stop laughing. I love the way you wake up "talking" to us in the mornings and immediately hold up your little arms when we walk over to get you out of the crib.
You say "Mama" and "Da" now, and you have such a sweet, soft voice. You are dainty and petite and have the tiniest little feet for a 9 month old. Even though you are third oldest in your class at school, you have the smallest feet and hands.
When we ride to school, we always sing "Jesus Loves Me" and we say our prayers for you for the day. We usually pray that you will be sweet to all your friends at school; that you will share; that you will learn lots of new things; that you will have fun; that you will eat all your food like a big girl, and that you will show God's love in everything you do. You clap during our prayer, and you help me sing. I know it makes God's heart happy.
I am obsessed with everything about you, and I especially love looking at your eyelashes and your dimple chin.
Your hair is a source of endless conversation for us and anyone who meets you. People always comment on how much hair you have, and how it sticks out over your ears.
In the mornings, I have to tuck it back behind your ear so you don't look like a throw away. You also have your daddy's cow lick, so we have to wet your hair in the mornings before we brush it and put your bow in. This picture is blurry, but is shows off your cow lick in all its glory.
You are a good girl and never take out your bows, so thank you for being such a girly-girl.
Helen Claire, you should always know that you are loved beyond measure. You have brought us so much joy to the past 9 months. We are honored that you have been placed in our care, and we love every little inch of you.
9 Month Stats: (from appointment on 3/10)
16 Pounds, 8.5 ounces
27 inches long
17.5 head circumference
She did not get shots at this visit, since she had just been released from the hospital. Her bruises were still fresh, so Dr. Cortopassi did not want to poke her any more. Praise Jesus! We go back in two weeks for a weight check, iron check and shots. Please say a prayer that her weight will start moving back in the right direction. I don't want to think about having to put her on formula, and that will be the next course of action if she does not gain weight. I will do it if that is the best thing for her, but it's not my first choice.
*Update: Jonathan took her back for her shots and weight check, and she was up almost one whole pound! That was great news, and it means she is getting better every day and we don't have to put her on formula!.





No comments:
Post a Comment