As usual lately, these pictures are late. Helen Claire turned three, and our world just kept spinning, even though it felt like time should slow down. Looking at her with these newborn clothes is unreal, truly.
Helen Claire continues to be our girly-girl, little lady, always prissy- into all things pink and pretty. She has started ballet, and it suits her to a T.
Three has been challenging, though, if I'm being honest. Helen Claire is much more independent, and with that comes some three-going-on-thirteen attitude. Add to the mix that we live with 400 18-19 year olds, and we have some serious struggles over who's in charge, respect, and LISTENING. I keep reminding myself that it's all developmentally appropriate, as she works out who she is and how she is different from me and Jonathan, but there are days...
She is still sweet and tender-hearted, and gets upset if she thinks she has hurt anyone's feelings, so we praise Him for that and try to move on.
This book. Helen Claire's favorite and her personality all rolled into one. She could play babies for hours, literally. She bathes them, takes them to the doctor, brushes their "teethes," takes them to the store. We have more diapers now than we did when we had a baby in the house- and they get used every day.
This face.
I have so much to update on the blog, and I am starting to work on it. It seems like no one blogs as much anymore, but I don't want to give ours up quite yet. I still love looking at our old posts and having a record, more than a baby book, of Helen Claire's life. So, I will catch up at some point- story of my life lately.
Can't believe you are three, little Sweet Pea.
















No comments:
Post a Comment