I have tried to be more intentional about how I interact with her, specifically making sure that I talk to her and have conversations that aren't centered around only discipline. It's helped, but I also felt like she needed me... needed my time.
And, so, we had a Girls' Day. We did normal, everyday things, but on a random day of the week, and it felt special to her. We went shoe shopping in Homewood, ate lunch, read books and rode the pony at Little Professor, and finished the day off with a huge pink cupcake and sparkly pink lemondae. It was definitely special to me, and I wish I could spend lots more days like this with my precious one.
After our day together, we went to meet Jonathan for dinner... she dressed herself, right down to her ballerina slippers, because she needed to look fancy.
I'm not saying we have this whole thing figured out, and three has definitely challenged our parenting skills, BUT when I look at that little face, I can't help but try to be better and find out how to love her and discipline her the best way. Today was definitely worth it!






No comments:
Post a Comment