Thank you, Mr. T- couldn't have said it better myself. Also, where can I purchase a pair of those snazzy shorts? What's that you say? They're custom made??... figures.
Now that that's out of the way, I'll get to the more serious stuff. I had a wonderful first Mother's Day!
Helen Claire made a craft for me at school.
My Mother, my Aunt Laurie, my Granny, and my sister were all here. Jonathan's mother and sister were here, and we had our sweet little girl dedicated.
This was her invitation (we actually did not go to the gardens, but we had a little brunch here at home instead).
I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day than promising to raise our precious baby in a Godly home.
It was perfect, and Helen Claire was beautiful. When we walked out into the sanctuary, the preschool minister read Psalm 37:6- "And he shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday- KJV". Honestly, it isn't the verse I would have picked for her originally, but after reading it and studying it, now I can say that I'm glad it was picked for her. Helen Claire's name means Clear Light, and the verse is talking about how God will protect our character and bring justice to our name- the noonday sun is significant becuase that is when the sun is at its brightest-- the clearest light.
After we got our certificate, we stood in front of the pulpit with all the other families. Helen Claire waved to everyone, bobbed up and down in my arms, waved her arms with the music, pretended to lead the choir and orchestra- she put on a show!
Jonathan and I gave Helen Claire a charm bracelet as a dedication gift. We know she won't be able to wear it for a while, but we wanted something we could add to as she grew up and thought it would be a sweet little reminder of her baby dedication. Eventually, I want to add a cross charm to it with the date of her dedication ( I just haven't gotten around to it yet).
We love you, Helen Claire, and we are so proud of you!






















No comments:
Post a Comment