Has it really been 48 Weeks?
Just the other day, as I was walking past a mirror holding Helen Claire on my hip, I remembered the days when I thought, "What will it be like when I can carry her on my hip?" I remember thinking how long it would take before she would be able to hold up her head or get her legs just right so she could ride on my hip. Now, it's like second nature. I pick her up and sling her on my hip; she hangs on with one arm around my neck, she knows just where to put her feet, and we're off!
Helen Claire had another ear infection this week, which I think makes a total of 5 or 6 for her now. I wish we would have a discussion about tubes, and I think if she gets another any time soon, I'm just going to be the one to bring it up.
She has been pretty happy under the circumstances, and she has practiced pulling up and using her push toys.
We think she would really like to learn to walk, and Miss Lindsey at her school told me the other day that she watches the ones who can walk and crawls after them as fast as she can.
Jonathan and I think she has been saying book lately. It could be because she says "duck" and "look," and book is pretty close to those. I'm not completely sure, but I do know that she says it at the books and when reading, so we think it counts :)
Her hair is crazy. It just keeps growing, but it is really fine like mine, so even though she has a lot of hair, her bows come out and her bangs fall in her face. She needs it cut, but I can't bring myself to do it just yet because I know she won't look like a baby afterwards.
She is still so good with food. She will try anything. She might spit it out, but she will at least try. We are still nursing and will start weaning soon, around her first birthday.
Not much else going on around here this week. See you for week 49!
Just the other day, as I was walking past a mirror holding Helen Claire on my hip, I remembered the days when I thought, "What will it be like when I can carry her on my hip?" I remember thinking how long it would take before she would be able to hold up her head or get her legs just right so she could ride on my hip. Now, it's like second nature. I pick her up and sling her on my hip; she hangs on with one arm around my neck, she knows just where to put her feet, and we're off!
Helen Claire had another ear infection this week, which I think makes a total of 5 or 6 for her now. I wish we would have a discussion about tubes, and I think if she gets another any time soon, I'm just going to be the one to bring it up.
She has been pretty happy under the circumstances, and she has practiced pulling up and using her push toys.
We think she would really like to learn to walk, and Miss Lindsey at her school told me the other day that she watches the ones who can walk and crawls after them as fast as she can.
Jonathan and I think she has been saying book lately. It could be because she says "duck" and "look," and book is pretty close to those. I'm not completely sure, but I do know that she says it at the books and when reading, so we think it counts :)
Her hair is crazy. It just keeps growing, but it is really fine like mine, so even though she has a lot of hair, her bows come out and her bangs fall in her face. She needs it cut, but I can't bring myself to do it just yet because I know she won't look like a baby afterwards.
She is still so good with food. She will try anything. She might spit it out, but she will at least try. We are still nursing and will start weaning soon, around her first birthday.
Not much else going on around here this week. See you for week 49!
No comments:
Post a Comment