This week, Helen Claire has done a lot of playing chase and crawling. She is all over the place, and we are loving it! We love to get her cornered and say, "I'm gonna get you." She just squeals and squeals and looks over her shoulder at us, like she can't wait. It is so cute. When she thinks we are about to get here, she will lay down- I guess she thinks we can't see her, or she is just giving up and wants to be tickled :)
She is pulling up more and more (you can see her feet trying to push up in the picture above), and she is so very proud of herself. When she pulls up, she smiles and looks at us like she is so happy.
I think if we had to choose a theme for this week's post, it would be bravery. Helen Claire tried a couple new things this weekend, and she was so courageous!
We went back to our hometown this weekend. We were there for a shower, and while we were at Granny and Pa's, Helen Claire got to see (and HOLD) her first turtle! She was so curious- not scared one little bit.






and don't worry, I know reptiles can carry salmonella. Trust me, there was lots of hand washing going on after these pictures were taken!
She also went swimming for the first time! I know you will be very envious of her new hairdo :)
Aunt Brandi and Uncle Chris have a new pool, and this little girl knew just what to do. She didn't even cry or kick up her feet. She was happy as could be in the water with her daddy.
I tried my best to get a little on video, but it is mostly just all of us talking.
There were lots of familiar sights, too, like eating watermelon with Mimi.
This girl will never turn down watermelon- as I am typing this, I just remembered how I had the strongest cravings for watermelon around the end of my pregnancy- funny how she loves it so much now too.

















No comments:
Post a Comment