Saturday, December 11, 2010

Thanksgiving and Helen Claire Weekly Updates

We were able to take some extended days for the Thanksgiving holidays, and it was incredible. I have a ton of pictures to post, so I'll just add captions after each picture to let you know what we were doing in each one.

Just a few updates on Helen Claire for weeks 24 and 25. Since we were home, I did not take our traditional, pig weekly picture. Oh, but don't worry, we worked on getting a Christmas card picture, and 135 pictures later, we found some that would work,so we've got plenty to document her 24th and 25th weeks of life.

Since I was home with her all week and did not have to leave her at daycare, I really got to see how much she has grown and how much she can do now. It was amazing to see her reach down and pick up her passi or pick up the toy she wanted and move it from one hand to the other. She can play independently for longer periods of time, too, which is nice. She is just such a big girl compared to where we were even a month ago. I can tell a huge difference. Here are some other things I noticed over the past couple of weeks:
She growls and makes squealing noises ALL THE TIME- I wonder what she thinks she is saying! She also makes this funny little panting noise, like a puppy when she gets excited or wants to get a toy, person, anything else. It is so funny.
She is a dare devil- I'm serious, people, I think I need to go ahead and invest in bandaids and neosporin. Mom and I were giving her a bath and she proceeded to dunk her entire face in the water- fearless! She didn't even cry. Also, Papa bought her this little toy. It is a dog that sings and shakes and spins, all while singing a song about going round and round. It would have terrified me as a child, but she loves it. I actually can't think of oen thing that scares her.
She was teething really badly when we were home. I actually ended up taking her to the pediatrician in our home town just to check her out. She was fine, other than the teething, so the Motrin bottle has been our friend lately.
Her hair is really filling in and it is so cute. She has a cowlick in the exact same spot as Jonathan :)

Ok, here are the pictures:



She got to spend lots of quality time with these cuties... do you think they maybe like her a little bit?


The feeling seems to be mutual


She had plenty of arms to give her rocket rides


We took some sweet family pictures at Granny and Pa's...

Then, things just turned inappropriate, but oh so us

If you don't know us, I bet you can't tell who the actual siblings are.  The two boys are brothers, and then it's my sister and me.  Everyone always thinks Josh and Vickie are brother and sister and Newt and I are brother and sister... I would take any combination of these three, so I'm good with whatever.  

Helen Claire was thankful for her first bites of Sweet Potato- even if it doesn't look like it in the picture.  

She got to borrow Josh's old high chair

and play on a pallet with Newtie (who, by the way, is wonderful with her even though he was the "baby" for 17 years).  In fact, both boys are so good with her and it's sweet to see such big, tall strong boys act so sweet with a tiny little girly-girl

After our Thanksgiving festivities, we moved right into Christmas with a shower for T.  We'll post about that later, but here are some sneak peeks

Helen Claire met these little girls, who she adored and watched the whole time... 

and then they put this on her head and made her a present!

After the shower, we went to Aunt Brandi's and played peek-a-boo

and rested on Uncle Benjamin's shoulder for a while

Jonathan went back to Birmingham to study, and we stayed with these two and were spoiled silly.  We loved every minute of our spend-the-night with Pa and Granny

Even if we did have to learn a thing or two about football (we won't tell Daddy about this)

We had a very Happy Thanksgiving, start to Christmas, and week with our family.  We left with thankful hearts, chubbier legs and smiley faces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment