Happy 26 Weeks, Baby Bug.
Helen Claire is still growing so much. We have a 6 month appointment with her pediatrician on Monday, so I am sure we will start more solids (other than cereal) soon. We are also working on getting her to fall asleep on her own at night. It's not fun, but everything we have read says it is the right thing to do, and I just hope we aren't traumatizing her forever. It is SO hard. When she grabs at our arms, like she is just begging us to pick her up, it breaks my heart. We know it is the right thing to do, and we hope it will help her to cut out that one middle of the night wake up time... but that doesn't make it any easier.
This week, Helen Claire has been playing with her toys on her own more. She loves to play with one of my old baby dolls. It is a soft little Cabbage Patch baby, and she just squeals at it and holds it. She's really cute. We are also giving her some time on her own in her playpen so she learns to play by herself without having that to be entertained all the time. She likes it so far.
I don't think I ever gave an update about this, but since 5 months, she has been sitting completely on her own, without having to use one arm for balance. Here is a video:
She also can roll now, but she really doesn't like it, so she just sits and leans to get whatever she wants. I did see her roll over on the daycare camera on 11/11/10. So, I know she will do it and can do it, she just chooses not to.
She almost has waving hello down pat. She still gets a little confused and isn't sure about her wave, but she throws her arm up and says something sort of like hey/hi mixed together. We are working on waving bye-bye as well.
I have started baby signing with her at home. They do it at school, so we are trying to reinforce it at home. So far, we got nothing, but I can see her little wheels turning. I think she will have it before long.
She LOVES Christmas and her little tree. I'll be posting pictures of her with it soon.
We are just having so much fun right now. She is such a sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment