Sunday, November 7, 2010

Catching Up


Disclaimer:  This is a ridiculously long blog post... probably Vickie and Mom will be interested for the entire thing, but everyone else, consider yourself fairly warned :)


Sorry we haven't been keeping up-to-date on the blog... we have been having lots of fun, getting out of the house more, and watching Helen Claire sit up!!!  That's right, she can sit up on her own now!  She can do it for about a minute, and then she has to hold herself up with one arm, but she is so cute and very proud of herself.  She also can finally roll over!!!  Jonathan and I both missed it.  I was working the Samford Homecoming tailgate, and Jonathan was watching the baby.  He said it looked like she was about to roll from her tummy to her back, so he ran to get the camera, and when he got back, she had already flipped.  Oh, well... she'll do it again, and we will be ready for her!

It really has felt like a whole different world the past couple of weeks.  I was sick about two weeks ago, so mom came to town to help with trick-or-treating, but ever since I got better, it is like Helen Claire is a different baby.  She is such a big girl now and is doing so many fun things. We can actually go places now, and I don't feel as nervous.  She is so good in public- she is definitely a social butterfly and loves to people watch.

Here are some weekly pictures to get you all caught up...

19 weeks



So sweet in her little cloth diaper.  It looks like she's saying her prayers.


I LOVE this one... whatever she has found on that quilt, she sure does like it!

20 weeks




21 weeks 



Here are some pictures from Halloween, too.  Granny made Helen Claire's costume, with some help from Aunt Laurie, and it turned out so so cute!  We took her to Boo at the Zoo on Saturday, then to Brian and Amy's house Sunday night.   She was a hit!



Kids volunteer for Boo at the Zoo, and this one danced with all the little ones.  He was so sweet.


Helen Claire pulls hair a lot now- it's one of her favorite things to do.


Poor baby... notice that I did not try to make her choose a side :)






No worries, I didn't actually let her eat any... it just looks like it.








In the car on the way home- Halloween wiped HC out!

We also want to thank Mrs. Sandy, Uncle Chad's mom, for the Halloween outfits she sent.  Helen Claire wore one a day to school on Halloween week, and all of her teachers thought she was so cute.  We were going to do a Onesie Wednesday post in one of them, but she had an accident that day :(

Oh, and for Aunt Laurie, here is a little video of Helen Claire having fun with Curious George

I am going to try to post more this week, but if not, we'll have another catch up next week.  

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I love your post. I love the pictures, especially the one where HC looks like she is praying. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete