Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Outings

Helen Claire has been on lots of mini adventures.  Her first official outing other than the doctor's office was to Publix right before my mom left for the first time.  I didn't take my camera, so I don't have a picture.  We needed to stock up on groceries.  She was eight days old.

Then Friday when my mom was here, she went with us to Blue Velvet Salon in Mountain Brook so I could get a more manageable haircut.  I don't have time for the long hair anymore.  Helen Claire apparently loves the salon, because she was a perfect angel the entire time.  She took a little lunch break in the waxing room and then mom and I ate at Olexa's while the little miss slept in her pumpkin seat.  Miss Leslie, our stylist, said she must be a little diva getting to visit the salon at only 2 weeks old.


Over the weekend, Jonathan and I took her on her first outing with just the two of us (other than coming home from the hospital and the pediatrician's office).  We had to go to Academy to return some shoes and then we went to Publix.  I don't have any pictures from the actual outing, but this is us getting ready to leave. 
Monday, I was brave and we went to the Piggly Wiggly and the Post Office all by ourselves.  She did great in the Pig, and she let the meat manager talk to her and she was such a happy baby, but she lost her mind in the Post Office line.  I'm with you, baby girl, I don't like to wait in those lines either, and the good thing about you crying is that people felt sorry for us and let us go ahead of them- good job!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA...didn't think about getting to go to the front of the line! Smart girl!

    ReplyDelete