So, yesterday, Helen Claire had a great day. Those Babywise people would have been proud of us. She ate, played, and napped all on the right schedule. I was so proud of myself, thinking I really had it together. I even cooked supper and made time to clean up a little and get the maternity clothes out of my closet. I was feeling like a pretty good mommy.
... Then today came along, and it all went to shit... literally. We have poop everywhere. Helen Claire has been having some tummy trouble today, and I also think she is going through another growth spurt, because she seems extra hungry. While she was eating, she had a major blowout. Our boppy pillow needs to be washed; we have ruined two outfits; the baby had to be washed off in the sink because no amount of wipes were going to clean up that mess, and our diaper changing pad has been clorox wiped within an inch of its life. Let's just say there was no schedule at all for today, and I'm still in my pajamas praying that Jonathan gets off of work on time so I can take a shower.
But, then again, I get to look at this little face all day long, so it's all worth it
No comments:
Post a Comment