Thursday, July 1, 2010

Helen Claire Weekly






Happy 3 week birthday, Helen Claire!  

This week, we have had some really good days and some really crazy days (see the post ... And then there are days like today).  Then, yesterday, we had to leave the house because the septic lines had to be replaced.  When the man came to tell us about it, I was still in my pajamas with no bra on and HC was still in her nightgown, and he said we needed to leave immediately in case he hit a gas line while digging.  I got her in the car seat, threw some clothes on myself, but in the rush to get out, I forgot the diaper bag.  It was almost time for a feeding, so we pulled into Target, and I ended up feeding her in the bathroom and buying a pack of diapers so I could change her.  It was an interesting day, but it didn't seem to bother her, and we made it back home to brand new septic lines.  

She is doing so great at night; she only wakes up twice at the most, and sometimes only once. Those are some really good nights!  The daytime is a different story.  She is a very alert baby, and she likes to see what's going on.  That's a good thing, I guess, because it means she is developing and growing and soaking in all kinds of information, but it also means mommy does a lot of holding.  It's okay, though.  I keep telling myself she won't be this little forever, and there will be a day when she doesn't want me to hold her.  So, I'm holding as much as she wants right now.  As an added bonus, I'm learning to do lots of things with only one hand. 

Helen Claire has hit some milestones this week, and she is growing so fast (see the rolls for proof).  Some of her newborn clothes no longer fit over her belly, and I think we will be moving up to the size one diapers soon.  

She lost her umbilical cord!  Tuesday night, when Jonathan was rocking her, he stood up, and it fell off.  So far, her eyes are staying blue.  I never thought I would have a blue-eyed baby, but I really hope they stay this color now.  We'll see if they turn brown or not.  She is smiling at us more this week, especially during her sleep.  We also have discovered that she is ticklish on her neck.  After she eats, I usually sit her up to burp her and I give her kisses and raspberries on her neck.  She gets so tickled and looks at me like, "Are you going to do it again?"  It is so cute.  She still has hiccups all the time, especially after eating.  We are working on her wake-time activities, and right now, she really likes to play on the quilt that my Granny made for us.  We also have used her play gym, and she seems to like that too.  I'm trying to find out when to start tummy time, but I keep finding conflicting information, so I give her a few minutes a day on my lap, but I don't think she's ready for more than that right now.  


She had some visitors from work this week.  Aubree, Kacey and LT came to see her, and she was very good for her guests.  

I am impatiently waiting on the shots from her newborn photo session.  I seriously stalk the photographer's blog and facebook, but so far, nothing.  So, today, I tried to play photographer myself.  Let's just say I'm glad I spent the money on a professional.  Back with another update next week.  


1 comment: