Saturday, January 23, 2010

She's On the Move!

So, I have been feeling baby girl Sweetpea move for a while now- I just wasn't quite sure that's what it was.  When we were home for Christmas, I am pretty sure I felt her move for the first time.  It felt like a bubble bursting.  Since then, I have tried to be really aware of that feeling and look out for it.  Well, in the past few weeks, there has been no denying it- she is definitely moving around in there.  Our nightly entertainment is watching my belly move while I lay on the couch- ha ha ha! Jonathan and I can't help but laugh at some of the things that seem to wake her up or make her move more.  If you've seen the new Lincoln MKZ commerical, with the cover of the 1980's Peter Schilling song Major Tom, you might laugh too.  Apparently, our girl is into techno covers of 80's songs.  Not being much into techno ourselves, we are a little concerned.  Just kidding, but it is funny to feel her go crazy with flips and kicks anytime and everytime that commerical plays.  I am trying to really remember everything that happens while I'm pregnant, so just for me, here are some other things that seem to stir her up:
  1. Hot chocolate:  I have really tried to eat/drink really healthy things since I am responsible for Sweetpea's nutrition right now.  However, last week, I did indulge in a little homemade hot chocolate from Mrs. Deb, who works next door.  It was so good, and baby girl liked it too.  
  2. Coffee:  Ok, ok, I know- pregnant women should not drink coffee, and I absolutely do not on a regular basis.  But, I did split a small, regular coffee (no espresso or anything crazy) with Sherrelle on Friday.  I made sure it was within the recommended caffeine limits, so don't worry.  And, mother, Granny, and Aunt Laurie- maybe this is a good sign that Sweetpea will be a coffee buddy with us.  We can "train up a child." 
  3. Spicy food:  I love spicy food, and so does Jonathan, so this one does not surprise us. 
  4. Late nights:  If I lay down to go to bed or if I stay up late, she's ready to do her acrobatic routine.  Let's hope she figures out day and night before she gets here.  
Oh, and here are some pictures of me at 11 weeks, 19 weeks, and 20 weeks.  Not much changed from 11-19 weeks, and we were home for Christmas and not on our regular routine, so I didn't take pictures.  In the Christmas pictures, though, I would have been about 15-16 weeks, so I can use those, too.  Now that I can tell things are changing, I am trying to take a weekly picture. Here I am so far:
    11 weeks 19 weeks 20 weeks

1 comment: