We had our anatomy ultrasound yesterday, and it was so fun! As you can see from the picture, we are having a baby girl! Apparently, we've got a little shy, stubborn one on our hands. She did not want to uncross her legs, which made finding out a little difficult, but we stayed in the ultrasound room about 45 minutes until she finally decided to let us see. Jonathan and I both said we could at least be happy that she's modest. She also did not want to let us see her face. Every time the ultrasound technician would get close to her face, she would put her hands up. I guess it was not a good picture day for Baby Sweetpea.
Jonathan had to go to class after the appointment, and I had to go to work, but my office had a little party for me. They took votes on boy or girl, and girl won, which was good. My boss, JD, and my co-worker, Sherrelle picked up cupcakes and balloons for us, and I had some petit fours done. They got pink and blue everything and when I got here, I revealed what we were having when I opened the petit fours. I had put pink diaper pins on the tops, and that let everyone know we were having a girl.
Everyone on our hall came to visit...
...even baby Natalie made an appearance (but I think she was more interested in the balloons)
Since Jonathan didn't get to come to the party, I set everything up for him when he got home.
It was such a fun day, and we are so thankful for our little girl, but even more thankful that everything looked good. She was measuring perfectly for 19 weeks, she weighs 11 oz., and all of her organs looked good. Our technician even showed us her lips, to check for a cleft lip, which she did not have. We got to see everything (even count all of her fingers and toes) and make sure she was growing normally. It is amazing to me what you can see on the ultrasound. Here are a few pictures from yesterday.
Congratulations Jenny! Looks like you had a great day!
ReplyDelete