This week, Jonathan thought this little movie would be good...
We thought it would be a good story. We thought it was good because the girl gets to be a hero. We didn't plan for the whole Mommy turns into a bear and then there is another mean, scary bear deal. Epic. Parenting. Fail.
Usually, Helen Claire is not afraid of anything. She'll go into a dark room all by herself; she loves for one of us to hide and jump out and scare her. She loves to play monsters and "I'm gonna get you."
She didn't cry or act scared during the movie, but she woke up at 6:00 this morning asking questions about bears. She has said, "I not turn into bear. Jesus made me" multiple times today. She keeps telling us that the bears in that movie "was just teasin." We think she's trying to talk herself into it.
She didn't cry or act scared during the movie, but she woke up at 6:00 this morning asking questions about bears. She has said, "I not turn into bear. Jesus made me" multiple times today. She keeps telling us that the bears in that movie "was just teasin." We think she's trying to talk herself into it.
Jonathan and I tried to explain today that it was only on TV, and it was just a story, and Mommy would never be a bear. We also told her we don't live around bears, except at the zoo, and Helen Claire quickly reminded us "they is in cages."
On the way home from Target tonight, she was just crying in her carseat. Not making any noise, tears just streaming down her little face. Break my heart!
So, we found the one thing that scares our Brave girl, and now Jonathan and I feel like complete losers.
Anyway, you would think we would know this by now, but we should have watched the movie ourselves before we let her see it. Other parents out there ever made this mistake?
By the way, in case you're curious, Jonathan and I thought it was a good movie... nothing earth shattering, but worth watching (if you think your children won't be scared). Might want to pre-screen, unlike parents of the year here :)
By the way, in case you're curious, Jonathan and I thought it was a good movie... nothing earth shattering, but worth watching (if you think your children won't be scared). Might want to pre-screen, unlike parents of the year here :)



No comments:
Post a Comment