It's great for Helen Claire, especially when there's a parade 20 feet from your door and you are the only kid on the street! It was pretty much a personal candy fest.
She actually tried the jump-jump on her own, but got out after just a minute when some big kids decided to jump. I was really proud of her for trying, though, and she had me, her Daddy, and Miss Kelsey cheering for her!
Probably the biggest highlight for Helen Claire was actually hugging and high fiving Spike. She's been a Spike lover from a distance forever, but she finally got the courage to go hug him and give him a high five. I don't think she could have been more proud!
A little nervous at first...
then she brought it in for the real thing.
She also got to meet Miss Samford
and go to Bulldog Walk
Steel City Pops had a tent, so of course, we needed a pink poppie
It's always interesting trying to explain to people why we live on campus, why we have a two year old in Vail and all the rest, but I wouldn't trade these girls for anything. They are some of the most genuine, caring, smart, beautiful people, and we've been blessed by having them in our lives these past couple of months. I can't think of better role models for Helen Claire, and I think it's pretty obvious that she loves them!

















No comments:
Post a Comment