Monday was crazy sock day. We had a little cold snap, so she wore crazy leggings instead. She was a good model and posed for me to take her picture :)
Then, she had to flip baby over to check out her socks and make sure they were crazy enough for school.
Then she pointed to her socks so I would know what she was trying to show me.
Jonathan and her teachers and I all joked about her book choice, because it really is the perfect fit for her. If you see Helen Claire for any length of time, you will learn all about her babies. She knows all their names, loves to give them "bafs" and usually has at least one in her hands at all times.
Walking to the car by herself... she does not want me to carry her anymore, and every morning at the door, she starts saying "Walk, me."
Standing at the car to take her picture- that's always her spot when I tell her we need to take a picture. I have no idea why, but she always gets in front of the car. Pink baby rode to school that day too.
Wednesday was letter day, and Jonathan and I got to write Helen Claire a special letter to read during lunch. We told her how sweet she was and how we would miss her while she was at school, but we wanted her to read stories and have fun with her friends. We included some tinkerbell stickers to share with her class. Ms. Michele said those were a hit, especially since there was a Peter Pan to give Grayson, who is the only boy in the class.
I don't have a picture of her letter, but just for fun, this is what she looked like after school on Wednesday. She must have played hard.
Thursday was favorite color day, and Helen Claire picked a pink and green outfit so she could match Bop-bop (Baby Bop). She wore pink and green last year, too, which is funny since she couldn't pick for herself then. There was a room full of pink in her class with so many girls, so I was glad she threw some green in the mix too.
These are two other things Helen Claire is funny about. She loves to carry around a purse, especially if we are going somewhere. She will find one and bring it with her, and she'll keep her little arm up high the whole time she carries it so it won't fall off. She also loves to find anything to sit on... little chairs at the grocery store, pillows, or in this case, a rock. She loves to perch :)
Friday was PJ day, and we LOVE getting to wear PJs to school. It makes mornings very easy. Helen Claire picked her apple pajamas with the red shorts. They are very "toft" she says.
Happy Week of the Young Child, and thanks to our teachers for organizing such a fun week. We love you!
















I love the picture of her looking at baby's socks!
ReplyDeleteVickie
All these picutes are awesome - wonderful job, Jenny.
ReplyDelete