Thursday, August 4, 2011

Helen Claire's Stats

I am trying to recap all of Helen Claire's doctor's visits (the well ones, at least), so I can see her growth in one place. I realize this is boring for everyone else, but since this is my scrapbook, it's good for me to have it here. Also, just a note for myself, I wish I had taken a picture at every well baby check-up. Why wouldn't I do that- I have no clue. Oh, well, I have plenty of pictures- just something I wish I would have done looking back.


June 10, 2010- Newborn

7lbs., 2oz.

20 inches long

14 inches head circumference (yes, the nurses flip/flopped those stats on the card)


DSC_0301



June 15 , 2010- 5 Days Old

7 lbs. even

20 inches long

I didn't get a sheet for this visit, so I don't have her head circumference
DSC_0516




June 24, 2010- 2 Weeks Old

8 lbs., 1 oz.

20 inches long

13.75 inches head circumference


DSC_0485





July 28, 2010- 7 Weeks Old (2 Month Check up)

11 lbs., 9 oz.

22.75 inches long

15 inches head circumference
DSC_0518




September 30, 2010- 4 Months

14 lbs., 6.5 oz.

24.5 inches long

16 inches head circumference


DSC_0517





December 13, 2010- 6 Months

16 lbs., .04 oz.

25 inches long

17 inches head circumference
DSC_0026






March 10. 2011- 9 Months

16 lbs., 8.5 oz.

27 inches long

17.5 inches head circumference


DSC_0208




June 16, 2011- 12 Months

18 lbs. 15.5 oz.

28.5 inches long

18 inches head circumfrence


DSC_0518





This is a description from the American Academy of Pediatrics about how much weight babies should gain during the first year of life:


"Weight gain of 4-7 ounces (112-200 grams) a week during the first month
An average of 1-2 pounds (1/2 to 1 kilogram) per month for the first six months
An average of one pound (1/2 kilogram) per month from six months to one year

Babies usually grow in length by about an inch a month (2.5c.m.) during the first six months, and around one-half inch a month from six months to one year."



We obviously aren't there, and I think looking at it all laid out like this, it's easy to see that between 6 to 9 months, she really struggled to gain weight and she grew 2 inches! She was just so sick during that time, and she is still trying to catch up. At least she did really well up until 6 months- she lived on that baby fat for a while :) Now I know why it feels like she stayed 16 pounds forever... she really did for three months! Since her 12 month visit, we have been back to the doctor twice for ear infections, and she is up to 19 pounds now. Hopefully, she will have gained even more at her 15 month visit.

1 comment:

  1. I miss you so much Helen Claire and can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete