Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Easter

We had a very Happy Easter at the Lucas household. It was calm and quiet, but we enjoyed it!

It was fun to watch Helen Claire look at her first Easter basket...
DSC_0371
DSC_0402
DSC_0392
DSC_0395
DSC_0393
DSC_0390
DSC_0375
DSC_0373

She also got to dye eggs with Mimi, Newt, Josh, Stanley and Aunt Laurie, and the boys made HC some really cute eggs...
DSC_0334DSC_0359
DSC_0335DSC_0354
DSC_0363
DSC_0362
DSC_0343
DSC_0340

She decided that she knew just what to do with them!!
DSC_0350
DSC_0355

We enjoyed (what was left of) the finished product with our Easter breakfast.
DSC_0406
We read the Easter story to Helen Claire on Saturday night from her Jesus Storybook Bible... I think it might be my favorite book ever. I was tearing up a little reading it to her.


Mother, Jonathan, Helen Claire and I went to church on Sunday together. It was a beautiful service, and our favorite part was one of the songs the choir sang. It was an Alleluia chant... so pretty.
DSC_0431
DSC_0439
DSC_0422
Helen Claire had a good time in the nursery, and we treated her to Yogurt Mountain afterwards. She LOVED it! I think she ate her whole bowl plus a few bites of ours.

And of course, no Easter is complete without a cantaloupe/watermelon picnic and a wheelbarrow ride around the yard :)
DSC_0317DSC_0323
DSC_0320
DSC_0330
DSC_0329
DSC_0508
DSC_0507
DSC_0506
DSC_0503
DSC_0487
DSC_0488

Happy Easter, everyone! He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment