Week 9- whew, it's been a week around here.
Our niece Leah came to meet Helen Claire and stay with us on Friday night. She was great and helped out so much.
Jonathan's parents came through this weekend to take Leah and Nathan back home, so Helen Claire was able to visit with them for a little while. Mother and Granny came on Sunday afternoon to keep Helen Claire while I went back to work, which has been a big adjustment. Before I started working again, we had a baby who napped well, ate INCREDIBLY well and was sleeping 6-7 hours a night. Now we are not napping, she is having trouble eating from a bottle and last night, Granny and I were up from about 2:00 a.m on. I was a terrible mommy and let her sleep with me in the rocking chair just so we could all close our eyes for a little while. I have felt so sorry for Helen Claire because I know she is just confused, hungry and tired. I have called the pediatrician's office twice to make sure she wouldn't starve to death. It has not been fun, but I think we finally turned a corner today. We switched bottle brands, and she did better today. Thank goodness, because I couldn't handle another morning of crying all the way to work (and I don't think my mother could either- sorry for the teary phone call, mama). Granny left today and Jonathan's mom is here until the end of the week. Daycare starts on Monday, so I know we are probably in for another round of messed up schedules and late nights, but I hope she will keep eating and getting used to this.
She is still loving to read and sing, and she loves being talked to the best. She is a happy baby, and even with all the changes this week, she really has not been very fussy.
We go to Daycare Open House tomorrow, and I have lots of questions and notes ready- they will probably be able to hear the helicopter wings hovering after I leave, but I do not care.
I really know deep down that she will be fine, and she will probably love it once she gets used to it. I just miss seeing her little face all day long.
Oh well, we like to eat and use electricity, so back to work I go tomorrow :)
Bless her heart!! Hopefully, things will start to work out - especially the sleeping at night!! What bottles did you switch to? I can't believe how grown up Leah looks and so pretty!
ReplyDelete