7 weeks... whew, it is going by too fast! This is going to be a rough day for Helen Claire. She has to go to the pediatrician today for her first round of vaccinations. I know she needs them, and I know shots are better than diseases, but I am wishing like crazy that I could take them for her. I'm just praying she will be like me and shots won't bother her that much...but, at 7 weeks, getting 6 shots, I'm sure it would bother anyone!
We decided to take pictures before the doctor's visit, since this afternoon is probably going to be questionable as far as picture cooperation goes. She was still a little bit fussy... I think she is hitting another growth spurt. She has had a couple days of heavy eating and sleeping and wanting to be held, so I guess we will be moving on up to our 3 month clothes pretty soon.
This week, Helen Claire has made some really big progress. She is able to track almost a full half-circle now. If I hold a toy on one side and start bringing it over the other side, she can almost track it the entire way!
She also recognizes our voices now. I know she is actually recognizing us because she will smile when Jonathan and I talk to her. It's not just a spontaneous smile like it used to be.
She is doing great with tummy time and still thinks she is bigger than she actually is. She will be able to hold that head up pretty soon. We are working on it about three times a day, and she seems to like it. She pushes up and looks around. She doesn't get fussy for about 5 good minutes, and then she wants to roll back over.
She has decided that she likes her swing now. We just have to make sure she is sitting up. I think that was the problem before- it was all the way reclined. Our girl likes to see what's going on, so she has to sit up and we have to turn on the music for her. As long as we do that, I can get about 20-30 minutes to cook supper, get dressed, etc.
She is still sleeping in her cradle next to our bed, but I think we are considering when to move to the big crib. Right now, she is ok, but she won't be for much longer. She can already touch both sides if she flings her arms out, so we have to start preparing for the move. I'm not ready for that!
She is much more alert now. Her waketimes are getting a little longer, and she wants something to do now. We walk outside or play on her playgym or have tummy time. She also likes reading books and singing. Her current favorites are "Goodnight Train," which we read almost every night for bedtime, and "Big Red Barn." She loves to sing "Little Red Caboose," because she gets to do the "Choo-Choo" part. She also likes "Baby Mine." That's her nightime lullaby.
She is still very cuddly in the morning, and she still takes her first nap of the day in the bouncy seat. Other than that, she really doesn't sit in the bouncy as much anymore. I think it is more helpful for me in the mornings, because I can get a few more minutes of sleep.
Tomorrow, we have to go by school to turn in her paperwork and immunization record. She starts on the 16th, and I go back to work on the 9th. I cannot believe that my maternity leave is almost over and we are almost to the daycare stage- ready or not, here it comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment