Can you believe we are on week 35? I can't believe we are here already- I know I say that every week, but this feels like it is flying by. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, the first of my now weekly appointments, and everything was great. I was measuring according to my due date, but when I asked the doctor if that meant I would deliver on time, she said it could be tomorrow or it could be 4 weeks from now. So, basically, Sweetpea could show up anytime now. We are just waiting on her little timing.
Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.
34 weeks
35 weeks
Things change a lot during the last weeks of pregnancy. I have a lot less energy now and I have started getting some of the not-so-fun pregnancy issues, but I have had it pretty easy compared to a lot of people. No real swelling, no major issues- just some overall soreness and discomfort, but no big deal. I'm trying to go with the flow and make the most of everything, because I know it will all seem like a blur one day.
Weeks 34 and 35 brought on some pretty interesting cravings. Before I was pregnant, sweet tea was not a huge deal for me. I could take it or leave it. Occassionally, at my Granny's house I would drink a glass, just because her tea is so good. Other than that, I wasn't a huge fan. My baby, on the other hand, must be convinced that sweet tea is crack cocaine! She loves it!!! I think about sweet tea all day long- literally, and I will even drive somewhere to get good sweet tea, which is just plain ridiculous. I also would hurt someone for a watermelon right now- not just any old watermelon, but a really good, sweet, crimson or WH-30 or yellow meat, right out of the field, not cold and not from a grocery store. Oh my gosh. We've got to stop talking about it. I went to the Farmer's Market to find one (twice), but there was nothing. Imagine a 8 1/2 month pregnant girl, walking around the Farmer's Market, with no good watermelons to be found- it was a sad sight.
Jonathan finished classes and finals, which was a huge relief. This has been a rough semester for him, but he passed all of his classes with flying colors, as usual! We swapped a few gifts, Jonathan finished getting the cradle painted, and put together all of the baby's gifts. Now, we are just waiting! I go back to the doctor next week, so I'll be back with an update.
I can't wait for this sweet baby. I know you guys must be getting anxious too!!!
ReplyDelete