Thursday, April 29, 2010

33 Weeks and Ashford Shower

Well, we have been way behind the past couple of weeks and never got around to taking a 33 week picture. Wednesday before last, I had a dermatologist office visit and had to get a small procedure done (nothing serious), and Jonathan had an induction ceremony at UAB for Chi Epsilon honor society. Then Thursday, I had my regular doctor's appointment. Everything went well, and babycakes checked out just perfectly.
I left that Friday afternoon to head to Pansey for the last time before the baby gets here. Jonathan had to stay home to go to study groups for finals, but it turned out to be a really sweet time for me. I got to spend the night at my Granny and Papa's all by myself on Friday night, which I haven't done since before I was married. I was going to take pictures when I woke up Saturday morning, but then I thought I wanted to really live it and soak up all the memories, without being attached to my camera. Granny cooked breakfast for me and Papa, and then we started getting ready for the shower. I loved being with them and feeling so loved on and taken care of. It made me realize just how much I miss that part of my life, and how much I miss them. (* For those of you who may not know, I spent literally every weekend of my childhood and pre-teenage years with Granny and Pa, and when I started driving, I spent every night at their house and would go back home in the mornings to get ready for school. Around 9 or 9:30 every night, I would make daddy watch me walk to my car so I could drive down to Granny and Pa's house).

Papa was my escort to the shower- he picked me up and drove me there and made sure I was on time. Everything for the shower was so beautiful- pink flowers, wonderful food and desserts, punch, the cutest picture frame with baby pictures of me and Jonathan and a picture of Sweetpea's 4-D. All of the little details were just perfect, and I had a really good time visiting with some of my old high school friends, childhood Sunday School teachers, friends from my mom's old job, and everybody who was there.



My granny made this quilt for the baby- I had to try not to tear up when I opened it. Thank you, Granny. I love you!
Brooke's new baby boy is about three weeks behind baby Sweetpea- so good to see her and show off our baby bumps together!



Thank you to Vickie, Brandi, Aunt Laurie, Mother, and Mrs. Donna for making it so special.



No comments:

Post a Comment