Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Overheard in Our House

This is Helen Claire's first "Overheard" segment, which happened a couple nights ago as we were doing bedtime (books, song, prayer, passie). We had finished our books and song, and we were about to say our prayers and get passie. She only gets passie for bedtime and occasionally for car rides now, and she knows right when she is supposed to get it :) This is what happened when she asked for her passie:

Helen Claire: Papum? (This isn't exactly how she says it, but I have no idea how to type how it sounds)



Me: Ok, let me hold it while we say prayers



Helen Claire: NO, Mama. Hop Hops. (Hop hops are bunnies)



Me: What?



Helen Claire: NO, Mama. Dada papum.



Jonathan: You want Daddy to hold passie?



Helen Claire: Does the baby sign for yes, then says, NO, Mama. Hop Hops.



Me: I have never given her passie to the... oh wait, I know what she's talking about. If she gets passie in the car on the way to school, I make her take it out in the parking lot and give it to the bunnies. (Her car seat has bunny shoulder straps).


Helen Claire: No, Mama. Dada papum.

So, who's worse- Jonathan for stealing her marshmallows or me for stealing her passie and giving it to the bunnies?

No comments:

Post a Comment