Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Confessions of a Trash TV Watcher

So, I am working on my New Year's post, but since we are working on our goals as a family this year, we are taking some time to get them just right- and they aren't quite finished yet (they might not be finished ever).

Anyway, before I talk about all the things/ways we want to change, make better, grow this year, I figured I should be really honest for a second. I love trash TV shows. Toddlers & Tiaras, Real Housewives, Teen Mom... all of them. I know, I know, it is terrible. Why do I get sucked in to this madness? I have no idea, but it is like I can't help myself. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

How can you not look at those shows and think, "Oh my Lord, I have to see what is going to happen." It's like a train wreck.

I like watching just because it makes me feel like maybe I'm normal and not such a bad parent because I rock my baby to sleep... at least I'm not self-tanning her or whitening her teeth.

My husband will be glad to know I'm trying to kick my bad TV habit. He can't stand Teen Mom, and who can blame him. He's ready to reclaim Tuesday nights.

So, there it is- I'm quitting all my gross reality TV shows. And, since a post would be boring without a picture of Helen Claire, here she is saying bye-bye to Mama's shows...
I think I should read from now on- I'm off to make an Amazon Wish List... any recommendations?


3 comments:

  1. That is one of her cutest pictures!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you develop pics any time soon, can I have one of those? She looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the only one to watch trash TV. I found myself watching the Kardashians this weekend and recording the rest of the episode so I could see how it ended. You just can't help yourself.

    ReplyDelete