Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Happy first Valentine's Day to Helen Claire!



DSC_0132



DSC_0131



DSC_0150


Her favorite thing, of course, was the paper, so I don't reallly know why we bothered with gifts :)

DSC_0149


We had a chill V-day, and Helen Claire opened her presents tonight because we were pooped out from our busy weekend (more on that further down). She got lots of Valentine happies, and she wants to thank T and Chad for her dress and Mimi and Nana and PawPaw and Mrs. Mickey for their cards.


DSC_0187

For some reason, she sits with her belly pooched out now. She's proud of what a good eater she is, I guess :)

DSC_0195



DSC_0198



DSC_0197



DSC_0184


I am fully aware that our baby looks like a throw away... she had a rough day at school. She used up all her extra clothes, and they had to use a pair of pants they had at daycare for her. They are newborn size and look like capris on an 8 month old. It's rough being a baby sometimes, ok.


DSC_0182



DSC_0181


See those puffs in the right hand corner of this picture... they were a close second to the paper for her favorite thing about V-day. Girl loves some puffs...

looking them over...

DSC_0172


picking one up...
DSC_0173

and... success!
DSC_0174


So, back to the weekend, Mom took HC to her second photo shoot in her watch-me-grow series with Becky Abernathy on Friday. She said they had the best time playing with all of the props, outfit changes, accessories and hats- I can't wait to see the pictures. I seriously stalk her blog! T Vickie and Mimi were here to wedding plan, and we had the most fun. I gave the ACT on Saturday, so HC went to the wedding venue with Vickie and Mom. They picked me up for lunch, and we had a Dreamcake- so, so good. We were supposed to go to Step Sing, but we didn't have a sitter, and we were tired :). We went out to eat instead on Saturday night, then took T to the airport Sunday morning and did our grocery shopping.

I want to thank my mom for cleaning my house spic and span for my V-day gift. Seriously, best present ever. It was so nice to walk into a clean house last night... no dishes, no laundry, no to-do list. Helen Claire and I both went to bed at 7:30 last night.


Thanks to Jonathan, too, for picking up supper. It was a very quiet night at the Lucas house, but the sleep and rest were well worth it.


Happy Heart Day to my favorite little Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment