Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Helen Claire Weekly

Happy 33 Weeks to Helen Claire!

DSC_0089

We don't have much to update about this week- Sweetpea baby has just been trying to get better. That's pretty much taken up her time this week. There are a few things that we have laughed about and worked on this week, and I do want to remember those, so here is a little list:


  • Bath time is really fun for Helen Claire now that she doesn't use her infant seat. She hasn't used it since before Christmas, but this is the first time I've been able to snap a picture while she plays. She loves to get all her toys in the bath tub and play. Her favorite toys are her stacking pots and her teal colored whale squirt toy. She loves to dunk the pots under the water and push them back and forth. I think she likes the color of the whale and it is easy to hold so she can chew it.
DSC_0022
DSC_0017
DSC_0023
  • We have been working on crawling, so every night after school, Helen Claire gets some time on her tummy to practice. The other night, she wanted nothing to do with it, so I put her on the couch between us to see if she would scoot back and forth. Instead, she kept falling forward. She thought it was so funny and eventually started doing it on purpose. She got really tickled at herself, and Jonathan and I started laughing, which made her laugh even harder. It was so funny. I love it when she gets tickled and has to catch her breath from laughing so hard. It's been fun to watch her sense of humor develop. We don't have to try to make her laugh anymore, and it's fun to see what she thinks is funny on her own.
    DSC_0102
  • We also work on Your Baby Can Read
DSC_0013

  • Helen Claire's teeth are still our worst enemies. She has finally cut one, but she isn't getting much relief. I think she is moving right on to tooth number 2. We keep the teething rings handy around here.
  • DSC_0094
  • Wednesday, the babies went on a ride in the bye-bye buggy at school. Helen Claire got to sit with her friend, EF, who is 2 months older. When I picked her up from school, her teacher said that she and EF were so cute in the buggy. They both know how to clap now, so they clapped with each other the entire buggy ride- how sweet!
  • She still loves paper, and our weekly pictures are getting harder and harder to take.
DSC_0105
We have a fun weekend planned with Mimi, so we will be back next week with another update.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, Helen Claire is just the cutest thing. I think the reason she likes those stacking pots is because her mother used to dance around with pots and bowls in her friends kitchen, and her father thought they were nuts, but then he was dating emily so he was the crazy one. HAHA!! :)

    ReplyDelete