Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Helen Claire Weekly



This post is going to be for weeks 16 and 17. I didn't take a 16 week picture with the pig, but we have plenty of other 16 week pictures, so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.





Over the past two weeks, little HC has done a lot. We went to her four month check up, and she was in the 75th-90th percentile for both height and weight. She has grown a little over 2 inches taller, and she is 24 inches long now. She hit a major milestone and doubled her birth weight. She weighs 14 pounds, 6.5 ounces. She was 7.2 when she was born, so she looks like a big girl now compared to those newborn pictures. She had some shots, which was no fun, but at least it is over with for a little while.  Dr. Cortopassi was happy with her developmental progress, and he said she could start rice cereal now, or we could wait. Nutritionally, she is getting all she needs, but since she can hold her head up and has doubled her birth weight, he felt like it is ok to give her cereal, if she wants it. She had her first bite of rice cereal on Saturday.  We have tried it a couple of times since, and she could take it or leave it right now, so we aren't forcing the issue. 

Here's Mimi feeding the bug...

and Mommy...


Mother and Granny came to see her this past weekend and help me get caught up around the house. I cannot thank them enough for everything! Also, thank you to my Papa for the new deep freeze. We have lots of suppers ready to go now!

We were able to visit the pumpkin patch while they were here...



    Helen Claire went on her first hayride...



and stood in a corn field...



We are going home this weekend and helping Aunt Vickie look for a wedding dress, which I'm so excited about. I'm sure we will have tons of pictures from the weekend, and I can't wait for Helen Claire to see everyone. She has grown so much since the last time we visited.

Just for Aunt Vickie, here is a little video.  Helen Claire is laughing now, and I've been trying to get it on camera.  This is the best attempt so far.



2 comments:

  1. Well, I just got to see this since I have computer virus in my hands and ours quit. So So cute and I love the pics from the pumpkin patch!!

    ReplyDelete