Here we are at 15 weeks, and what a week it has been. Last Friday, mom was in town, so she and Jonathan picked up Helen Claire early. They got to play and have fun for the rest of the afternoon. On Saturday, we three girls headed out to Pepper Place Saturday market. We got some really yummy stuff, but the best part was the chocolate chip goat cheese. So good with little mini nilla wafers. Helen Claire was a trooper in the hot weather, and she let us eat at Urban Standard, pick up baby bites from Pastry Arts and do some downtown Homewood shopping/browsing. It was a good day.
Then, Monday rolled around. Neither of us felt very well, so HC and I took a sick day. I think her allergies were bothering her, because she rubbed her eyes all day long, and it is so hot and dry here.
She went to school and had an ok day on Tuesday, but she wasn't eating well. Then, yesterday, when I went over at lunch to feed her, she was pitching a fit! Mrs. Berryl and Mrs. Mickey were trying to calm her down, but she was flat out mad. I tried to feed her, but she barely ate, then fell asleep. So, I just rocked her since she was calm. I left, but I got a phone call at 2:30 to come get her because she was miserable and had been crying/screaming for a long time. I got there, and she was inconsolable. Nothing was working, so I fed her, got her in the carseat, and we headed to the pediatrician. Wouldn't you know it, she was happy as a clam in the doctor's office! She smiled for him, laughed at his jokes, showed him how she can hold her head up, and acted like a little flirt. There was absolutely nothing medically wrong with her. Her doctor said she might be teething, because she was literally drowning in drool, but other than that, everything looked fine. Way to make me out to be a story-teller, little girl! I dont' know if it was to make me feel better or it was really truth, but the Dr. told me this happens a lot. I'm apparently not the first person to rush a perfectly well child to the pediatrician's office.
Ok, so things Helen Claire can do/is working on now:
- Holding her head up own her own is pretty much a done deal. I don't exactly know when we stopped holding on, but she's got it down pat now.
- She is rolling to her side and back- from her tummy and from her back. She hasn't quite mastered getting her arms all the way over, but I think that's because at least one hand is constantly in her mouth. Ever tried to roll your arms over with one hand in your mouth? Kind of impossible. If I could get her to stop eating her hands, she might actually roll all the way over. I do know she's moving, though, because when she wakes up in the morning, she is never where I put her down in the crib the night before.
- She is so smiley and funny. She cracks herself up. She will get tickled at herself, and put her hands over her face, like she's embarrased at herself. All of her teachers and even the CLC director just kept saying "This isn't our Helen Claire, she NEVER acts like this." yesterday during all of her drama. Yet another reason we thought it was life and death that she get to the doctor's office- goodness gracious.
- She LOVES a mirror, and I mean LOVES it. In the mornings, I let her see herself after she gets dressed, so she can look at her outfit. She thinks it is so funny to look at the baby in the mirror. She will smile and smile at herself.
- She really likes her friends at school. In the mornings, they are so happy to see one another. It's been funny to see how much they've grown and changed in past 5 weeks, and they actually know each other. It's so sweet- they all chat for a few minutes each morning before their naps. 2 new babies started this week, one girl and one boy (the first), so she'll be making new friends.
- She still loves singing, bath time, riding in the car, talking and reading. We've also started letting her watch a little Baby Einstein on Saturday mornings so I can have a little time to get things done. Please don't judge if you are against all TV for babies. When you have a baby, we'll talk.
- She has been a fussy eater and tonight, I think I figured it out. She wants to sit straight up while she eats. She doesn't want to miss anything, I guess. I'm going to tell Mrs. Mickey tomorrow, and I bought faster-flow nipples, so maybe one or the other or both will help.
- She can get her passi back in her mouth now. If it falls out and is close to her, she will use her arm to sort of push it back into her mouth. She is especially good in the car, because the passi can't fall too far and usually is right on her shirt. It's funny to watch her in the rearview and see her get her little arm and wiggle the passi back in place. So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment