She is growing so much! When we took her for her earache visit, she weighed 12 lbs., 9 oz. I know she has gained since then, because her clothes are tighter and definitely shorter (see the highwaters in the picture).
She is really holding her head up now. We don't have to help her anymore, except at night when she is too groggy to do it herself.
Speaking of nightime, we have regressed a little bit. Her school schedule is different everyday, which is confusing for her, I think. She eats about 6pm, then I wake her up around 10pm to eat again. Sometimes that gets her through until the morning, but sometimes it doesn't. I would love to be one of those moms who has her child on a perfect schedule and knows exact nap times and when to put her baby to bed, but I am not. I am happy that she's eating, growing, and seems to be happy, and that's good enough for now, considering all the changes she's had to go through since I am back at work. It can't be perfect, and I am trying to be ok with that. I am really having to let some things go and just take care of her and love on her. She won't be little forever, and it's already going so fast, so I'm trying not to worry too much about the small things.
She is still a really good baby, and we are enjoying her so much. Her teachers tell me how happy and sweet she is and that makes me feel better about leaving her. (I realize they probably tell all the moms this, but I'll take it anyway).
She still loves to talk, loves to read and sing and go outside. Her favorite part about school is the Bye-Bye buggy. They take the babies on walks in it, and she always gets good reports on buggy day.
Ok, that's about it this week (or week and half, whatever). I'll be back with more tomorrow, when it is actually her 15 week birthday :)- I'm wishful thinking tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment