Little miss is in the double digits this week, and apparently, she's not too happy about the big ten. Last night, she woke up every hour after 1:00 a.m. Talk about a shock to the system after sleeping through the night!
She started school this week, and things are getting better. Her teachers really love her and give her lots of rocking and cuddling during the day, which makes me feel better about being away from her. They also take lots of pictures, and in all of them, she has looked happy and smiley. I am still missing her a lot, and I worry that I will miss out on everything, but for now, I have to work, and that's the reality. I am trying to be grateful for the good things about daycare: she is at one of the top daycares in the area, probably in the state; she has people that already love her and take such good care of her; it was a blessing for us to even get in at the CLC- that seriously doesn't happen when you get on the list at 3 months pregnant. It is usually a 2-3 year wait, so this was an incredible blessing for us. There, I have some perspective now :)
She found her thumbs this week, and Jonathan is trying his best to make sure she is not a thumb-sucker. His theory is that we can take away a passi, but we really can't take away her thumbs, so it's easier for everyone in the long run if she takes a passi instead. That makes sense- leave it to Jonathan to think so logically. I'm like, hey, if she is happy sucking her thumb, let her at it.
Drool- oh, the drool- it has been drool for days around here. We are getting out the cute bibs, because we need all the help we can get protecting our outfits from the slobber. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think she is pre-teething or something, and even her teacher said she thought so too. She will chew on anything her little mouth can reach- fingers, passi, mommy's nose, pajama top, whatever... and she is so restless. I don't think she is really in pain, but she is definitely uncomfortable. That is affecting our night time sleep, too. Hopefully, it will get better in the next couple of days.
Her eyes are still blue- I think it is safe to say they will stay that way. Everyone still comments about her cheeks- it's the first thing people say about her. Even this week at daycare, everyone who sees her says, "Oh, look at those cheeks." It doesn't bother me one little bit though- I'm obsessed with them too and love my little chipmunk.
Our baby was weighed today at school, and little chunky chunk is 13 lbs- almost double her birth weight!!! It does not seem like my little tiny newborn should be a 13 pound ten-week old.
Can't wait for next week when we'll have all new stuff to write-
What kind of camera do they take pictures on? That's really sweet that they do that. Are the other babies nice to her? B/c if not, I can come up there and take care of that!! I REALLLLLLY want to see all of you soon!
ReplyDeleteIt's a digital camera- a Kodak I think, becuase they have a little printer that they hook up and print pictures on. So far, they've printed some every day, and they are taped to the outside of the door. It is cute. Yes, they are nice. She likes the older baby the best, and they play on the floor together a lot. We really want to see you soon too and wedding/shower plan and hear about your new kiddos.
ReplyDeleteWell, wedding plans are going slow and I guess it's either going to be late April or sometime in June. It's been crazy with school! I misss HC!
ReplyDelete